Be prepared for your signing:
* The signers of documents being notarized must present a valid photo ID before your documents can be notarized, unless the notary personally knows the signer(s).
* The signers of documents being notarized must be competent to understand the documents that are being signed and the contents thereof.
* The signers of documents being notarized may not be under the influence of alcohol or drugs during the signing of documents.
* All documents requiring notarization need to be signed in the presence of a notary public who is notarizing your documents.
* Unless the notary is an attorney, a notary is not licensed to practice law and is not permitted to give legal advice or prepare legal documents.
A Notary is:
A public officer appointed by the Governor whose function it is to administer oaths; to take acknowledgments of deeds and other instruments; to attest to or certify photocopies of certain documents; and to perform other duties specified by law.
* Disclaimer: Although a commissioned Notary Public and a Paralegal, I am not an attorney licensed to practice law in the state of Florida, and I cannot give legal advice, accept fees for legal advice, or advise whether a person should or should not sign a document. Further, I am not authorized by law to prepare legal documents except under the supervision or direction of an attorney licensed to practice law. No content of any page on this website is to be taken or construed as legal advice.